If everything is up and running you can tune into the Grant Street and Saw Mill Parkway intersection live on YouTube
All of this data is incomplete. We only capture the things we are around to witness. There is no doubt that we miss a lot of them.
Not a day goes by without people running the lights on the Saw Mill Parkway. It is likely that at least one U-Haul or semi gets on the parkway per day here as well.
- September 24th - hit and run, left turn or U-turn from the right northbound lane on the Saw Mill causes three car collision, person at fault leaves the scene
- September 13th - multi-car accident and car fire
2023-09-13 - multi car accident and car fire (raw)
00:00 - Impact - 03:37 PM 00:11 - One driver pulls over - 03:38 PM 00:20 - Another driver pulls over - 03:43 PM 00:29 - Police on scene - 03:42 PM 00:39 - Pleasantville fire Chief on scene - 03:44 PM 01:18 - People involved are moved off of the Saw Mill - 03:48 PM 02:02 - Working on ensuring the car fire is extinguished - 03:48 PM 02:54 - Forward vehicle is moved - 03:57 PM 03:28 - Close up of rear vehicle 03:32 - Close up of forward vehicle 03:41 - Forward vehicle is towed - 04:14 PM 03:53 - Rear vehicle is towed - 04:19 PM 04:08 - Pennsylvania driver runs the light - 04:28 PM
- September 11th - truck gets stuck under the bridge going south
- September 11th - another tractor trailer on the Saw Mill
Three trucks in an hour
There's no problem here. The problem is that people are complaining about all the hard work that went into making this intersection the disaster that it is.
- August 23rd - three car collision
2023-08-23 - multiple collisions
Somehow people just didn't see all of the cars stopped in front of them. Legendary.
- August 16th - crushed truck
2023-08-23 - crushed truck
Parkway closed northbound for 6 hours, equipment noise until 3 AM, and the trucker decides they need to honk their horn to let everyone know they had fun at the party
- August 13th - truck roof go bye-bye
2023-08-13 - Truck roof go bye-bye
Enjoy the sound of a tow truck idling outside for 40 minutes, peasants!
- August 7th - trucker decides one time on the parkway isn’t enough
2023-08-07 - Monumentally stupid driver doubles down on the Saw Mill
Why almost rip your roof off only once when you can do it twice? US DOT 3546628 MC 1186215 They're looking for drivers too, 803-520-5013. No experience necessary (obviously)!
- August 3rd - R8 driver outruns a motorcycle through the crosswalk
2023-08-03 - someone is going to get killed here (part 1)
Local government may act surprised when it happens but we've been warning them for years
- August 3rd - Trucker gets stuck going north
2023-08-03 - Trucker 2 doesn't want to get left behind
Another oblivious "professional" driver gets stuck on the parkway. Two of these in the same day.
- August 3rd - Trucker blocks the highway for 10 minutes trying to reverse their decision to go south
2023-08-03 - Another day, another brilliant trucker
Why read when you can waste the time of hundreds of people?
- July 19th - truck hits both bridges
- July 12th - truck loses its roof and just keeps going
- June 27th - late night movers YOLO
- June 27th - another late night track run
2023-06-27 - another late night track run
Poor person races to get the light but misses it, then has to back up to get out of the intersection. For their minor inconvenience they slaughter the entire neighborhoods ear drums.
- June 27th - More red light running, trailer, U-Haul, brave dog walker, and another person waiting for the light in the crosswalk
2023-06-27 - Honorable mentions
We only filmed for a little while and here's what we saw. We gave lots of people the benefit of the doubt if they were close. These were the worst offenders.
- June 27th - 4 AM semi on the parkway
- June 27th - 1 PM semi on the parkway
- June 26th - motorcycle late night track run on the Saw Mill
2023-06-26 - motorcycle makes a late night track run out of the Saw Mill
Violations: - VTL 1110a - right on red onto parkway (no turn on red sign) - VTL 1160(d) - unsafe turn (left off of parkway) Nothing quite like getting woken up by morons twice in the same night. From the sound of it I'm sure he was only going 55...
- June 25th - Near collision as another person runs the red light
- June 25th - Several red light runners, two illegal turns, and one semi turning onto the parkway
2023-06-25 - Honorable mentions
In less than two hours we catch multiple people running red lights, illegal turns onto and off of the parkway, and a semi illegal entering the parkway
- June 23rd - Driver skids to a halt at a high speed during the morning commute. Didn’t notice the light, or the crossing guard.
2023-06-23 - Driver skids to a halt at a high speed
You can see the cloud of smoke. After the light changes they accelerate at a high speed to make up for lost time.
- June 20th - Car almost runs the red light but screeches to a halt in the crosswalk
2023-06-20 it takes this driver 4 seconds to notice the red light
Saw Mill and Grant Street intersection in Pleasantville, NY Driver doesn't notice the red light for four seconds. Luckily stops in time to not hit any cars but crosses into the crosswalk.
- June 18th - Car runs the light on the Saw Mill causing a collision more than 8 seconds after the light turns red
2023-06-18 Saw Mill and Grant Street red light collision
South bound vehicle on the Saw Mill runs the red light 8+ seconds after it changes. A police vehicle coming south bound makes a U-turn to go north 30 seconds later (possibly for an unrelated call).
- June 6th - Car runs the light at Manville by the Jacob Burns Film Center (not on Grant Street)
- June 4th - Truck runs the red light when the pedestrians have the walk signal
- June 2nd - HELP truck runs the red light six full seconds after it changes and hits a minivan
- February 25th - Person hit at Grant Street and Saw Mill intersection
- February 6th - Another truck tears the roof off - 60x
- February 6th - Another truck tears the roof off - extended cut
2023-02-06 - semi hits the bridge and folds in half
Crews working on the semi decided that rather than move to Memorial Plaza where nobody lives (lived at the time) they'd rather just do it in the middle of the street. At 11 PM they decide it's time to bring in the sawzall. This goes on until 2 AM. 00:00 - Enjoy the sparks 00:37 - Get the truck onto Grant 03:01 - Bring out lots of equipment 04:55 - Forklift fun 05:32 - Bang on some stuff 05:42 - Start the Sawzall Symphony 06:53 - Banging and beeping 07:18 - Roof origami 08:04 - Seconding coming of Sawzall 09:33 - Everyone is all tuckered out and goes home
- February 2nd - Person runs the light at Grant Street and Manville many seconds after it changes
Why pay attention when other people can do it for you? The light was red for FIVE seconds and somehow this person still missed it.
- January 17th - Overtaking of a driver, mistakenly waiting behind a parked car, which results in a collision with a trailer
- December 16th - Person rear ends someone waiting to make a left turn
2022-12-16 - person gets lightly rear-ended while waiting to make a left
Apparently if someone is in your way you should not hesitate. Just proceed forward and hope for the best.
- December 6th - Person decides to make a left on red to cross the highway
- November 11th - Left on red again
- March 28th - Person decides to make a surprise U-turn on the Saw Mill
- Oct 22nd - Tesla collides with a Hummer
- Sept 22nd - car ends up facing the wrong way after an accident on the Saw Mill